This photo was taken in the 1940s
Founded on 18 October 1940 during World War 2, the Almighty Lord helped the church to survive the turmoil of the war, during which the church building was badly damaged by artillery shelling. Today, almost 79 years later, through the Lord’s Blessings, close to 600 worshippers gather at the six different services held on Sundays. Catering to a number of Indian sub-groups, we have Tamil, Punjabi, Contemporary Bilingual (English & Tamil), English and Malayalam services. We also have an outreach evangelistic service ministering to Indian foreign workers employed in the construction and marine industries.